List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Denis Jedig Date:June 20 2013 11:13am
Subject:Re: How can I drop a table that
is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeare
d after MySQL crash?
View as plain text
Franck,

Am 19.06.2013 21:00, schrieb Franck Dernoncourt:

> A table `logs/#sql-ib203` appeared after a MySQL crash

the #sql-ib<tableID> tables are temporarily created during an
ALTER TABLE operation for recovery purposes. Apparently these
temporary tables might stay in certain circumstances even after
recovery is completed.

If you already tried enclosing the table name in backticks (DROP
TABLE `#sql-ib203`) and using the DROP TEMPORARY TABLE syntax
without success, copying the table along with all its data and
dropping the original table afterwards or running `mysqldump
database tablename > dump.sql && mysql < dump.sql` for a
backup/restore operation at least will help the problem of being
unable to run ALTER TABLE commands for the affected main table.

Regards,

Denis
Thread
How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Franck Dernoncourt19 Jun
  • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Reindl Harald19 Jun
    • RE: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Rick James20 Jun
      • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Reindl Harald20 Jun
        • RE: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Rick James25 Jun
          • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Reindl Harald25 Jun
      • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Franck Dernoncourt20 Jun
  • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Denis Jedig20 Jun
  • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Carsten Pedersen20 Jun
    • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Franck Dernoncourt20 Jun
  • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Jesper Wisborg Krogh21 Jun