List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mihamina Rakotomandimby Date:June 17 2013 12:35pm
Subject:Re: SLAVE aware of binary log file switch?
View as plain text
On 2013-06-17 14:43, Denis Jedig wrote:
>> Say the binary log file (on the master) has reached its maximum
>> size, so that it has to switch to a "+1" binary log file: does he
>> inform the SLAVE of that switch so that the SLAVE updates its
>> information about the MASTER status?
> The master does not "inform" the slave via an immediate communication
> channel, but the slave knows how to keep up because the end of the
> binary log file contains continuation information - i.e. the name of
> the next log file to fetch.

OK.

I'm sorry I was mislead by the output of:
[mihamina@prod-ebidual ~]$ echo "SHOW SLAVE STATUS \G;" | mysql -uroot
-pxxxxx | grep 'Slave_'
                Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event <------
this
              Slave_IO_Running: Yes
             Slave_SQL_Running: Yes

--
RMA.

Thread
SLAVE aware of binary log file switch?Mihamina Rakotomandimby17 Jun
  • Re: SLAVE aware of binary log file switch?Denis Jedig17 Jun
    • Re: SLAVE aware of binary log file switch?Mihamina Rakotomandimby17 Jun
      • RE: SLAVE aware of binary log file switch?Rick James17 Jun