List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:June 14 2013 7:50pm
Subject:Re: Red Hat will switch the default database in its enterprise distribution,
RHEL, from MySQL to MariaDB, when version 7 is released.
View as plain text
and they are *still fucking too stupid* to fix their
dmaned mailing-list server to add List/Bulk headers
which would prevent all this auto-replies from
well maintained mailservers

Am 14.06.2013 21:42, schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 14.06.2013 21:29, schrieb Daevid Vincent:
>>
> http://www.itwire.com/business-it-news/open-source/60292-red-hat-ditches-mysql-switches-to-mariadb
>
> no wonder since oracle is fucking up *every* opensource project
> they touched over the last years and most other distributions
> are doing the same
>
> what *isses me* is that Oracle needed to step in the Fedora
> process to keep their package and all the crap in SPEC files
> after that is just horrible
>
> they would have been better work with the community the
> last two years ago instead now try to insist that their
> version is kept in whatever distributions repos
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.5/en/news-5-5-33.html
>
> in the past you could spot here fixes of the next version
> and sometimes avoid to update to the currecnt if one of
> the bugs would hurt you
>
> and that was only one example

Red Hat will switch the default database in its enterprise distribution, RHEL, from MySQL to MariaDB, when version 7 is released.Daevid Vincent14 Jun
  • Re: Red Hat will switch the default database in its enterprise distribution,RHEL, from MySQL to MariaDB, when version 7 is released.Reindl Harald14 Jun