List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:June 12 2013 10:03am
Subject:open files in mysqld 5.1.53
View as plain text
Hi list,
i am trying to understand the incredible use of filepointers in our mysql server (5.1.53).
under normal condition the server reports 10k-15k open files pointer.
I run a 'flush tables' every 2h to avoid problems, the number of users/connections is
constant
It is an automatic system but a few human users, a happy mix of myisam and innodb tables
running
with no problems on  mysqld 5.0 . But now sometimes i am
hit with an insane increase hitting the ceiling at 60k. I do not like the idea to increase
the
limit further because i do
not understand why this is happening (I seems to happen at random times).

I am running out of idea what my cause the unexpected increase, any idea what to watch ?

re,
 wh
Thread
open files in mysqld 5.1.53walter harms12 Jun
  • Re: open files in mysqld 5.1.53Reindl Harald12 Jun
  • Re: open files in mysqld 5.1.53Manuel Arostegui12 Jun
    • Re: open files in mysqld 5.1.53walter harms13 Jun
      • Re: open files in mysqld 5.1.53Hartmut Holzgraefe13 Jun
        • Re: open files in mysqld 5.1.53walter harms13 Jun
        • Re: open files in mysqld 5.1.53Reindl Harald13 Jun