List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Arostegui Date:June 6 2013 2:10pm
Subject:Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?
View as plain text
2013/6/6 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>

> Am 06.06.2013 15:39, schrieb Manuel Arostegui:
> > Once that problem has been found...you can use either /etc/init.d/mysql
> > stop or mysqladmin. Both should work in the same way
>
> > You should never use kill
>
> and why? what do you think does any stop command?

I assumed he meant kill -9. As it is not the first time I see people doing
-9 just because a process never stops.

--
Manuel Aróstegui
Systems Team

Thread
Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Mike Franon6 Jun
  • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Manuel Arostegui6 Jun
    • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Reindl Harald6 Jun
      • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Manuel Arostegui6 Jun
  • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?hsv6 Jun
    • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Reindl Harald6 Jun