List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Franon Date:June 6 2013 1:28pm
Subject:Stopping mysql does not always stop it?
View as plain text
I am running mysql 5.0 for now, and I have a script that I wrote at 12 am,
that stops mysql server, unmounts the disk that has mysql, and takes a
different snapshot from amazon as the new disk.

Long story short, 50% of the time the command /etc/init.d/mysqld stop  will
fail

Stopping MySQL:  [FAILED]

Unmounting /opt on dbserver1

I then log on the server and mysql is still running.

When that happens what is the best way to stop mysql? I am trying to write
something in my script that will do that, and thinking of using the kill
command, but is that the best way?

Or should I be using mysqladmin stop?  Is there a better way to bring down
mysql server and make sure it is down?  Should I be doing something else to
ensure it comes down?

Thanks

Thread
Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Mike Franon6 Jun
  • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Manuel Arostegui6 Jun
    • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Reindl Harald6 Jun
      • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Manuel Arostegui6 Jun
  • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?hsv6 Jun
    • Re: Stopping mysql does not always stop it?Reindl Harald6 Jun