List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 3 2013 4:23pm
Subject:Re: string-likeness
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: hsv@stripped
>
> I wish to join two tables on likeness, not equality, of character
> strings. Soundex does not work. I am using the Levenstein edit
> distance, written in SQL, a very costly test, and I am in no
> position to write it in C and link it to MySQL--and joining on
> equality takes a fraction of a second, and this takes hours. Any
> good ideas?

Looks like Sphinx might be a helpful addition to your stack. Way too much to explain how
to do so here, but it's a proper fulltext engine, and has a MySQL-compatible interface.

string-likenesshsv3 Jun
  • Re: string-likenessJohan De Meersman3 Jun
  • Re: string-likenessHartmut Holzgraefe3 Jun
    • Re: string-likenesshsv4 Jun
  • RE: string-likenessRick James3 Jun
    • Re: string-likenessMichael Dykman3 Jun
    • RE: string-likenesshsv6 Jun