List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:June 3 2013 3:29pm
Subject:string-likeness
View as plain text
I wish to join two tables on likeness, not equality, of character strings. Soundex does
not work. I am using the Levenstein edit distance, written in SQL, a very costly test,
and I am in no position to write it in C and link it to MySQL--and joining on equality
takes a fraction of a second, and this takes hours. Any good ideas?

Thread
string-likenesshsv3 Jun
  • Re: string-likenessJohan De Meersman3 Jun
  • Re: string-likenessHartmut Holzgraefe3 Jun
    • Re: string-likenesshsv4 Jun
  • RE: string-likenessRick James3 Jun
    • Re: string-likenessMichael Dykman3 Jun
    • RE: string-likenesshsv6 Jun