List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:May 29 2013 4:59pm
Subject:RE: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIME
View as plain text
(To ramble in a slightly different direction...)

I claim that the world gained half a second when we went from "round time" to "square
time" a few decades ago.  Before then, announcers on radio/tv would look at their
round-shape analog clock to see what time it was; they would perform a ROUND() function
before announcing the time.  Now they look at their square-shaped digital clock and
perform FLOOR().  So, what you hear on radio/tv is half a second behind what you used to
hear.   ;)

Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMEDaevid Vincent23 May
  • RE: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMETimothy R Peterson23 May
    • Re: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMEMichael Dykman23 May
      • RE: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMERick James23 May
  • Re: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMEAndrew Moore23 May
    • Re: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMEAndrew Moore23 May
  • Re: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMEshawn green23 May
    • RE: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMERick James23 May
      • Re: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMEshawn green24 May
        • RE: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMERick James24 May
          • Re: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMEshawn green24 May
        • Re: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMEhsv24 May
          • RE: Bug in BETWEEN same DATETIMERick James29 May