List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Gonz├ílez Date:May 29 2013 12:05am
Subject:SSH tunnels and non root accounts get "the server service or the
configuration file could not be found"
View as plain text
Dear all,

   Not sure if this the right mailing list address for asking this.

   Server running Centos and MySQL.

    Client is a windows xp machine.

    I have setup a SSH tunnel with putty and run mysql administrator. It
works fine with the root account.

    With a non-root account I get

    the server service or the configuration file could not be found. I
can log on but I can't see the databases that I should be allowed to see.

    Running a mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u myuser -p mypassword from linux
works fine

     I have created a .my.cnf file in the home folder with 600
permissions in the linux box and filled it with:

     [client]

     pass='mypass'
     user=myuser

     Server configuration file is under /etc/my.cnf.

     What am I doing wrong?

     Regards,

     Miguel
Thread
SSH tunnels and non root accounts get "the server service or theconfiguration file could not be found"Miguel Gonz├ílez29 May
  • Re: SSH tunnels and non root accounts get "the server service or theconfiguration file could not be found"Michael Dykman29 May
  • Re: SSH tunnels and non root accounts get "the server service or theconfiguration file could not be found"Tim Pownall29 May
    • Re: SSH tunnels and non root accounts get "the server service or the configuration file could not be found"Miguel Gonzalez29 May
      • Re: SSH tunnels and non root accounts get "the server service or theconfiguration file could not be found"Claudio Nanni29 May