List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 23 2013 10:49am
Subject:Re: Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really that
important nowadays?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rick James" <rjames@stripped>
> Subject: RE: Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really that important
> nowadays?
>
> ext does less well with simultaneous IOPs than xfs.

Possibly, but how much less (and which ext)? Without numbers that's not very helpful :-)

I think that the underlying FS is only a major concern in setups where the load is
explicitly I/O-bound - that is to say, where the active dataset is significantly larger
than the available memory. I do not think the majority of installations match that
description.

Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really thatimportant nowadays?RafaƂ Radecki22 May
  • Re: Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really thatimportant nowadays?Manuel Arostegui22 May
    • RE: Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really thatimportant nowadays?Rick James22 May
      • Re: Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really thatimportant nowadays?Johan De Meersman23 May
  • Re: Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really thatimportant nowadays?Tim Callaghan22 May
    • Re: Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really thatimportant nowadays?Manuel Arostegui23 May
      • Re: Mysql server - which filesystem to choose? Is it really thatimportant nowadays?Tim Callaghan23 May