List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:May 12 2013 3:33am
Subject:Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?
View as plain text
why not answer the question another user made hours ago?
under which account do you try to start mysqld?
<<<<<<<<
Well, I learnt something here.

When I had the problem of (under Vista) starting "mysqld", from command prompt I always
did this, "start mysqld -b..." (here "start" is like Unix s trailing "&"), and never
had a problem. It showed up running on the service list. Maybe something like Unix s
set-user-id is in effect in "mysqld.exe".

Now for the first time I learn of command "NET", and its options. I do not remember seeing
"net start MySQL" in MySQL s help when I installed it, only that which I above described.

This is not so much an OS problem, but a problem at the point where the OS s peculiarities
and a big package s nature intersect.

Thread
NET START MYSQL QUESTION?SIVASUTHAN NADARAJAH11 May
  • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Reindl Harald11 May
  • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Mimiko11 May
    • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Reindl Harald11 May
  • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?hsv11 May
    • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Reindl Harald11 May
      • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?hsv12 May
      • RE: [>Suspected Spam<][Characteristics] Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Eric Robinson12 May
Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Reindl Harald11 May
  • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?shawn green12 May