List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:May 11 2013 7:49pm
Subject:Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?
View as plain text
I want to start the mysql from command prompt using     "NET START MYSQL"BUT the server
not started. It display an error message.
C:\Users\PC> NET START MySQLSystem error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied.
could you please help me, how to start the Mysql service FROM command prompt?
SIVASUTHAN- Consultant Trainer
<<<<<<<<
Well, ordinarily the MySQL service is started by Windows along with all the rest: After
installing MySQL under Windows one runs "MySQL Instance Configuration Wizard"--the only
MySQL program on my system that runs from "Start". (If you cannot do this on the machine
where "mysqld.exe" is to run I do not know what to say.)

If the service, with program "mysqld.exe", quits, to start it one enters
"start mysqld -b..." from the command line, with the directory where "my.ini" is kept
entered for "...". Of course, if "mysqld.exe" started and quit, as Reindl Harald
suggested study the logs and find out why. It is not started through the client,
"mysql.exe".

Thread
NET START MYSQL QUESTION?SIVASUTHAN NADARAJAH11 May
  • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Reindl Harald11 May
  • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Mimiko11 May
    • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Reindl Harald11 May
  • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?hsv11 May
    • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Reindl Harald11 May
      • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?hsv12 May
      • RE: [>Suspected Spam<][Characteristics] Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Eric Robinson12 May
Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?Reindl Harald11 May
  • Re: NET START MYSQL QUESTION?shawn green12 May