List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bruce Ferrell Date:May 10 2013 1:04am
Subject:Re: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?
View as plain text
On 05/09/2013 03:25 PM, Robinson, Eric wrote:

> [...]

One thing I'd look at to start is the error log, if enabled.  After that, I'd look at
running mysqltuner to get a look at statistics before and after one of these events.  I
know
there are those who prefer the Percona toolkit, but those pull lots raw stats and offers
little in terms of suggestions... Unless you wish to engage Percona.

Be aware, there are two versions of mysqltuner.  The one I use is found at
http://mysqltuner.pl.  I know, it's old, but it at least runs.  The newer one doesn't
seem to have been
brought to completion.

You might want to enable the slow query option that logs queries that execute without
indexes.  They can be real killers.  Reports that use views often cause this as views
become
complex joins under the hood that can easily miss your indexes resulting in full table
scans.

Thread
Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Eric Robinson9 May
  • RE: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Rick James9 May
    • RE: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Eric Robinson9 May
      • RE: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Wm Mussatto9 May
        • RE: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Eric Robinson9 May
          • Re: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?shawn green9 May
      • Re: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Bruce Ferrell10 May
        • RE: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Rick James10 May
          • RE: [>Suspected Spam<][Characteristics] RE: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Eric Robinson10 May
            • RE: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Rick James10 May
  • Re: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Johnny Withers9 May
  • Re: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Denis Jedig9 May
RE: Slow Response -- What Does This Sound Like to You?Vikas Shukla10 May