List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:May 6 2013 4:36pm
Subject:Re: Chain Replication QUestion
View as plain text
That is correct.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Richard Reina <gatorreina@stripped> wrote:

> To activate log-slave-updates do I just add "log-slave-updates" to the
> my.cnf file?
>

> 2013/4/30, Manuel Arostegui <manuel@stripped>:
> > 2013/4/30 Richard Reina <gatorreina@stripped>
> >
> >> I have a few slaves set up on my local network that get updates from
> >> my main mysql database master. I was hoping to turn one into a master
> >> while keeping it a slave so that I can set up a chain.  Does anyone
> >> know where I can find a "how to" or other documentation for this
> >> specific task?
> >>

> > It is quite easy:
> >
> > Enable log-slave-updates in the slave you want to be a master.
> > Do a mysqldump -e --master-data=2 and put that mysqldump in the future
> > slaves. Take a look at the first lines of the mysqldump where you'll find
> > the position and logfile those slaves need to start the replication from.
> > You can also use xtrabackup if you like.
> >
> > Manuel.

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.

Thread
Chain Replication QUestionRichard Reina30 Apr
  • Re: Chain Replication QUestionManuel Arostegui30 Apr
    • Re: Chain Replication QUestionRichard Reina1 May
      • RE: Chain Replication QUestionRick James1 May
        • RE: Chain Replication QUestionAndrew Morgan1 May
    • Re: Chain Replication QUestionRichard Reina6 May
      • Re: Chain Replication QUestionMichael Dykman6 May