List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:May 6 2013 3:06pm
Subject:Re: Chain Replication QUestion
View as plain text
To activate log-slave-updates do I just add "log-slave-updates" to the
my.cnf file?

2013/4/30, Manuel Arostegui <manuel@stripped>:
> 2013/4/30 Richard Reina <gatorreina@stripped>
>
>> I have a few slaves set up on my local network that get updates from
>> my main mysql database master. I was hoping to turn one into a master
>> while keeping it a slave so that I can set up a chain.  Does anyone
>> know where I can find a "how to" or other documentation for this
>> specific task?
>>

> It is quite easy:
>
> Enable log-slave-updates in the slave you want to be a master.
> Do a mysqldump -e --master-data=2 and put that mysqldump in the future
> slaves. Take a look at the first lines of the mysqldump where you'll find
> the position and logfile those slaves need to start the replication from.
> You can also use xtrabackup if you like.
>
> Manuel.

Thread
Chain Replication QUestionRichard Reina30 Apr
  • Re: Chain Replication QUestionManuel Arostegui30 Apr
    • Re: Chain Replication QUestionRichard Reina1 May
      • RE: Chain Replication QUestionRick James1 May
        • RE: Chain Replication QUestionAndrew Morgan1 May
    • Re: Chain Replication QUestionRichard Reina6 May
      • Re: Chain Replication QUestionMichael Dykman6 May