List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:April 30 2013 7:35am
Subject:RE: MySQL Cluster or MySQL Cloud
View as plain text
Hi Neil,

 If you use MySQL Cluster then you have synchronous replication between the 2 data nodes
which means that if one should fail you're guaranteed that the other contains the effects
of every committed transaction and that the change has already been applied and so there
is no delay while relay logs are applied before the automatic failover kicks in - which
is why it can take less than a second.

 You also have a good scale-out story with MySQL Cluster as you can just continue to add
more nodes (256 in total, 48 of which can be data nodes) withou having to worry about
partitioning, failover etc.

Regards, Andrew.