List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:April 24 2013 4:54pm
Subject:Re: how to list record in column (instead of a row)
View as plain text
this table has many columns and only 1 record. select * from table; generates an
unreadable list. how can i list the record as in two columns? (column name and its
value)? i looked at UNPIVOT, but could not get it to work.
SQL> select * from table UNPIVOTE INCLUDE NULLS;
                     select * from table UNPIVOTE INCLUDE NULLS                * ERROR at
line 1: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
<<<<<<<<
From MySQL client, if started with flag '-G':
	select * from table
	ego

For the same program there is flag '--auto-vertical-output'.

But it seems you are using Oracle; this is MySQL list.
In any case, you wrote both 'UNPIVOT' and 'UNPIVOTE'; I suspect the former is better.

Thread
how to list record in column (instead of a row)Rajeev Prasad24 Apr
  • Re: how to list record in column (instead of a row)hsv24 Apr
    • Re: how to list record in column (instead of a row)spameden28 Apr
    • RE: how to list record in column (instead of a row)Rick James30 Apr