List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:April 19 2013 1:15pm
Subject:Re: help with mysql db names
View as plain text
On 19.04.2013 06:49, Kapil Karekar wrote:

<snip>
> Though I would recommend not using such names. Some poor guy working
> on your application six months down the line is going to wonder why
> his queries are failing, spend a day trying to figure out and will
> post the same question again to this list :-)

...not to mention the many query generator tools that might come into
use, which will fail because they do not consistently use back-ticks.

NEVER use identififers - database or otherwise - that start with a digit.

/ Carsten
Thread
help with mysql db namesDoug19 Apr
  • Re: help with mysql db namesKeith Keller19 Apr
  • Re: help with mysql db namesKapil Karekar19 Apr
    • Re: help with mysql db namesCarsten Pedersen19 Apr