List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:April 17 2013 4:40pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8
View as plain text

Am 17.04.2013 17:29, schrieb Larry Martell:

>>> Doesn't seem to be anything like that running on MacOS. I googled and
>>> didn't find anything. I posted to a mac forum, but haven't received
>>> any responses yet. I'll have to try SO
>>
>> you need to modify the StartupItem to create the directory
>> before starting mysqld, as said: OS manual
>>

> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-macosx-excerpt/5.5/en/macosx-installation-startupitem.html
>
> Yes, I have this, but it doesn't work if /var/run/mysqld is not there.
> I still have to manually create that dir after each reboot

RTFM i said
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPSystemStartup/Chapters/StartupItems.html

what do you think is this below?

oh you have more than one command in StopService()
so write one command more in StartService()
and mkdir/chmod the missing directory BEFORE the daemon command
no, i do not use MacOSX because for me it is nto a serious OS
but i typed in google "macosx startupitem create folder before start service"

StartService() {
    # Insert your start command below.  For example:
    mydaemon -e -i -e -i -o
    # End example.
}

# The stop subroutine
StopService() {
    # Insert your stop command(s) below.  For example:
    killall -TERM mydaemon
    sleep 10
    killall -9 mydaemon
    # End example.
}

MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Larry Martell16 Apr
  • Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Michael Dykman16 Apr
    • Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Larry Martell16 Apr
  • Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Reindl Harald16 Apr
    • Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Larry Martell17 Apr
      • Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Reindl Harald17 Apr
        • Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Larry Martell17 Apr
          • Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Kapil Karekar17 Apr
          • Re: MySQL on Mac OS 10.8Reindl Harald17 Apr