List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ilya Kazakevich Date:April 16 2013 8:53am
Subject:Mesaure query speed and InnoDB pool
View as plain text
Hello,

I have 12Gb DB and 1Gb InnoDB pool. My query takes 50 seconds when it reads
data from disk and about 2 seconds when data already exists in pool. And it
may take 10 seconds when _some_ pages are on disk and some are in pool.
So, what is the best way to test query performance? I have several ideas:
* Count 'Innodb_rows_read' or 'Innodb_pages_read' instead of actual time
* Set pool as small as possible to reduce its effect on query speed
* Set pool larger than my db and run query to load all data into pool and
measure speed then

How do you measure your queries' speed?

Ilya Kazakevich

Thread
Mesaure query speed and InnoDB poolIlya Kazakevich16 Apr
  • Re: Mesaure query speed and InnoDB poolAnanda Kumar16 Apr
    • RE: Mesaure query speed and InnoDB poolRick James16 Apr
      • Re: Mesaure query speed and InnoDB poolIgor Shevtsov16 Apr
        • RE: Mesaure query speed and InnoDB poolRick James16 Apr
      • RE: Mesaure query speed and InnoDB poolIlya Kazakevich17 Apr
        • RE: Mesaure query speed and InnoDB poolRick James17 Apr