List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Stillman Date:April 9 2013 8:37pm
Subject:Re: Cannot connect to MySql Database
View as plain text
On 4/9/13 1:54 PM, "Joe Kosinski" <jojako@stripped> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to connect to a MySql database and I keep getting the
>following:
>
>       Cannot find (ping) database host Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook on the network
>       Failed to connect to Unix socket '/var/run/lirc/lircd'
>       No such file or directory (2)
>
>The database is located on a MacBook running OS X 10.8.  The MySql Server
>is running.
>
>Joe
>--

The hostname can't be found. Try localhost instead of
Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook.

As for the next error, that's not a database error, that's a MythTV error.

lircd is the daemon for remotes (Linux Infrared Remote Control Daemon).

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by email, and immediately delete
the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing them. LBI may, for any
reason, intercept, access, use, and disclose any information that is communicated by or
through, or which is stored on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.
Thread
Cannot connect to MySql DatabaseJoe Kosinski9 Apr
  • Re: Cannot connect to MySql DatabaseBenjamin Stillman9 Apr