List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Noel Butler Date:April 7 2013 2:55am
Subject:Re: remove me from the mailing
View as plain text
On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 16:18 +0000, atteeela@stripped wrote:

> You don't have to be a jackass to him/her.

He's always a jackass, but, I must say, it is a rare occasion that I
agree, and, hte *idiot* who posted all those lines was certainly more of
a jackass.

> The CAN SPAM act requires that a single link, with no further action on behalf of the
> recipient, must be provided to unsubscribe.

CAN SPAM Act?  Sorry, no such named Act exists in my country., and I'm
certain it would not include mailing lists due to their nature and
design, and only an *idiot* lawmaker would say you need that one line
click, since, for nearly 20 years that has been, and still is a very
popular method for spammers to know who has read their junk and that
they have reached a valid mailbox

> I see no such thing in the footer.  The website is terrible to navigate on mobile
> devices... I don't see how I can unsubscribe myself either and I feel OP's pain.

<snip>
                                             please

MySQL General Mailing List
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   WTF is that? an invitation  to dinner?

it is however well known for a very very long time that oracle have
wrecked this list completely, it is non compliant in so many ways its a
joke (think all those OoO messages you get when you post), and no one at
oracle knows anyone who is in a position to fix it.

remove me from the mailingСмолярчук А В6 Apr
  • Re: remove me from the mailingReindl Harald6 Apr
    • Re: remove me from the mailingatteeela6 Apr
Re: remove me from the mailingReindl Harald6 Apr
Re: remove me from the mailingNoel Butler7 Apr
  • Re: remove me from the mailingNick Khamis7 Apr