List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Kosinski Date:April 6 2013 3:46pm
Subject:Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
View as plain text
Thanks for the input.  I have noticed when I wanted to remove MySql Server from my system
there were a lot of steps I had to go through and one was to modify the config file which
was locked.  I used show info on the file and changed the permissions on it to read write.
 Then when I tried to change the file, it was still locked and wouldn't allow me.

I did look at /usr/local/mysql/bin/sqlLines and it is empty.

When I first open terminal this is what I get:

				Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:~ josephkosinski$

What should I do to change to a directory owned by me and how will I know.  I usually use
cd .. 	used at the above prompt I get:

				Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:Users josephkosinski$

> using FULL QUALIFIED PATH to a drectory owned by you?  means?

Joe

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>
> Subject: Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
> Date: April 6, 2013 6:57:42 AM EDT
> To: mysql@stripped
>

> Am 06.04.2013 12:49, schrieb Reindl Harald:
>> Am 06.04.2013 03:51, schrieb Joe Kosinski:
>>> I am logged onto the system as system administrator and should have
>>> privilege to write to the file
>
> no you are on MACOSX
> on this crippled OS a administrator is not the same as root
>
>>> I have tried cd .. several times and no matter what I still get permission
> denied
>
> "Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:bin"
> YOU ARE IN THE BIN FOLDER
>
> "> sqlLines" means /usr/local/mysql/bin/sqlLines
> what about using FULL QUALIFIED PATH to a drectory owned by you?

Thread
Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
  • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
    • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
      • Re: Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlWm Mussatto5 Apr
        • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski6 Apr
          • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr
            • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr
              • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoseph Kosinski6 Apr
                • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr