List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Kosinski Date:April 6 2013 1:51am
Subject:Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
View as plain text
I am logged onto the system as system administrator and should have privilege  to write to
the file.  I have tried cd .. several times and no matter what I still get permission
denied.  Please see attached terminal output:

Thanks,

Joe

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Wm Mussatto" <mussatto@stripped>
> Subject: Re: Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
> Date: April 5, 2013 5:09:15 PM EDT
> To: mysql@stripped
>
> On Fri, April 5, 2013 13:19, Joe Kosinski wrote:
>> I also tried mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo > sqlLines with the
>> following Terminal output:
>>

>> 					-bash: sqlLines: Permission denied
>>
>> Joe
> Well at lease we are on familiar territory now.  Whatever directory you
> are in requires that the user you are have permission to write to it.  Try
> doing a "cd" first. That should get you back to the user's home directory
> where I would hope that user could create files.
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Joe Kosinski <jojako@stripped>
>>> Subject: Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
>>> Date: April 5, 2013 3:25:59 PM EDT
>>> To: "mysql@stripped" <mysql@stripped>
>>>
>>> 1.I was able to use the use mysql; to change to the mysql database and
>>> then I ran the queries which showed that the time zone database is not
>>> populated.
>>>
>>> 2. Then I tried to find the path of mysql_tzinfo_to_sql by running the
>>> command
>>> which mysql_tzinfo_to_sql with the following results:
>>> 	Last login: Fri Apr 5 14:50:02 on ttys000 which mysql_tzinfo_to_sql ;
>>> exit; 		Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:~ josephkosinski$ which
>>> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql ; exit; 	logout [Process completed]
>>>
>>> However,  there was no output showing the path.  I ran the which command
>>> from the command drop down menu of the Shell menu.
>>>
>>> Are there any other suggestions on what I should do to populated the
>>> tables?
>>>
>>> Joe

> loaded.
> think

> Together.
>>>>

> ------
> William R. Mussatto
> Systems Engineer
> http://www.csz.com
> 909-920-9154

Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
  • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
    • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
      • Re: Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlWm Mussatto5 Apr
        • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski6 Apr
          • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr
            • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr
              • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoseph Kosinski6 Apr
                • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr