List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Kosinski Date:April 5 2013 7:25pm
Subject:Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
View as plain text
1.I was able to use the use mysql; to change to the mysql database and then I ran the
queries which showed that the time zone database is not populated.

2. Then I tried to find the path of mysql_tzinfo_to_sql by running the command
which mysql_tzinfo_to_sql with the following results:
	Last login: Fri Apr 5 14:50:02 on ttys000 which mysql_tzinfo_to_sql ; exit;
		Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:~ josephkosinski$ which mysql_tzinfo_to_sql ; exit; 	logout
[Process completed]

However,  there was no output showing the path.  I ran the which command from the command
drop down menu of the Shell menu.

Are there any other suggestions on what I should do to populated the tables?

Joe

> Joe
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: shawn green <shawn.l.green@stripped>
>> Subject: Re: Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
>> Date: April 5, 2013 1:58:01 PM EDT
>> To: Joe Kosinski <jojako@stripped>
>>
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> On 4/5/2013 1:58 PM, Joe Kosinski wrote:
>>> The commands didn't work and the time zone tables are not loaded.
>>>  Whenever I ran the queries mysql> SELECT * FROM time_zone;
>>> I got an error message stating no database was selected.  I think when I
>>> tried to locate the path to the mysql_tzinfo_to_sql previously nothing
>>> worked.
>>>

>> All tables are organized into databases. The timezone tables are in the `mysql`
> database. To change your active database, use the 'use' command in your session
>>
>> use mysql;
>>
>> --
>> Shawn Green
>> MySQL Principal Technical Support Engineer
>> Oracle USA, Inc. - Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together.
>> Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
  • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
    • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr
      • Re: Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlWm Mussatto5 Apr
        • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski6 Apr
          • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr
            • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr
              • Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoseph Kosinski6 Apr
                • Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlReindl Harald6 Apr