List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Kosinski Date:April 5 2013 5:58pm
Subject:Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
View as plain text
The commands didn't work and the time zone tables are not loaded.  Whenever I ran the
queries mysql> SELECT * FROM time_zone;
> 		 mysql> SELECT * FROM time_zone_name;
I got an error message stating no database was selected.  I think when I tried to locate
the path to the mysql_tzinfo_to_sql previously nothing worked.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: shawn green <>
> Subject: Re: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
> Date: April 5, 2013 1:29:50 PM EDT
> To: Joe Kosinski <jojako@stripped>
> Hi Joe,
> On 4/5/2013 1:26 PM, Joe Kosinski wrote:
>> I cannot find the path where mysql_tzinfo_to_sql is installed.
>> I have these instructions: This program is installed to the same
>> .../bin folder as your mysqld binary.  Use a "which" command to
>> clarify where that is on your system.
>> which mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
>> Then use the path it identifies when executing the utility.
>> Whenever I type which mysql_tzinfo_to_sql into a prompt nothing
>> happens and when I try to run the command from the new command prompt
>> it just says process completed and I get no output.
>> Do I enter the system command prompt whenever a first open terminal?
>> Here is the text from my last terminal where I tried to run the which
>> command.
> If you didn't get an error (you actually got a confirmation that it
> completed), your timezone tables are most likely populated. Run some
> queries against them to check. Do this from a mysql> prompt.
> mysql> SELECT * FROM time_zone;
> mysql> SELECT * FROM time_zone_name;
> ... etc.
> Yes, your terminal session is how you get to a system prompt.
> --
> Shawn Green
> MySQL Principal Technical Support Engineer
> Oracle USA, Inc. - Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together.
> Office: Blountville, TN

Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sqlJoe Kosinski5 Apr