List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn green Date:April 5 2013 4:46pm
Subject:Re: Cannot load time zone tables to MySQL
View as plain text
Hi Joseph,

We request that except for sensitive information that you keep all
assistance.

On 4/5/2013 12:25 PM, Joseph Kosinski wrote:
> Thanks for your response. This has been troubling me for days! I am
> not too familiar with terminal commands and just learning. I guess I
> don't know how to drop back to a system prompt. I thought I did but
> whenever I try to execute the command I get an error as shown in my
> attached message.

(from the attached log)
> ast login: Fri Apr  5 11:43:09 on console
> Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:~ josephkosinski$ mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo |
> mysql -u root mysql
> -bash: mysql: command not found
> -bash: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql: command not found
> Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:~ josephkosinski$ cd ..
> Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:Users josephkosinski$ mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
> /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql
> -bash: mysql: command not found
> -bash: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql: command not found
> Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:Users josephkosinski$ cd ..
> Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:/ josephkosinski$ mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo |
> mysql -u root mysql
> -bash: mysql: command not found
> -bash: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql: command not found
> Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:/ josephkosinski$ cd ..
> Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook:/ josephkosinski$

...earlier replies snipped ...

Good news! you are at a system prompt.

You do not seem to have the appropriate folder in your search path so
the system cannot find it for you automatically. You can either update
the search path or you can use a command like this to call the program:
/path/to/mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
(replace /path/to/ with the appropriate names of your folders)

This program is installed to the same .../bin folder as your mysqld
binary.  Use a "which" command to clarify where that is on your system.

which mysql_tzinfo_to_sql

Then use the path it identifies when executing the utility.
--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN