List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:April 5 2013 9:16am
Subject:Re: error-log aging
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: hsv@stripped
> Subject: Re: error-log aging
>
> man logrotate
> <<<<<<<<
> Not Unix!

So get unix :-)

> In any case, I take this to mean that this is not done within MySQL,
> right?

Half and half - rename the file, then issue "flush logs" in mysql to close and reopen the
logs, which will cause a new log with the configured name to be created.

That being said, I'm not much aware of Windows' idiosyncracies - I hope the damn thing
allows you to rename a file that's being held open by a program. If not, well... see
above.

--
Linux Kriek Wanderung
April 19-21, 2013