List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrés Tello Date:April 4 2013 4:08pm
Subject:Update and lock question.
View as plain text
I'm doing some tests, but have a questions about locking.

In a innodb table, if you issue an select for update lock for a row,
supposedly, it only locks that row, but if you don't issue a select for
update, and trow the update... does it locks the hole table?

The update goes over an indexed field, or the effect of locking the hole
table is due I'm updating an indexed field?

This is because I'm running into dead locks, but I know there is no select
for update to the row being updated.

Thanks.

Thread
Update and lock question.Andrés Tello4 Apr
  • RE: Update and lock question.Urvashi Pathak4 Apr
    • Re: Update and lock question.Andrés Tello5 Apr
      • RE: Update and lock question.Rick James9 Apr