List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:April 2 2013 8:59pm
Subject:Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.
View as plain text

Am 02.04.2013 22:56, schrieb Rick James:
> I hear that nginx is very fast for a certain class of web serving.

yes

> But what happens if a web page needs to do a SELECT?

what should happen?

> Is nginx single-threaded, thereby sitting "idle" waiting for the SELECT?

why should it do that?

> And, should you run 8 nginx web servers on an 8-core box?

why should you do that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nginx
nginx uses an asynchronous event-driven approach to handling requests

How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Kevin Peterson16 Mar
  • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald16 Mar
  • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Manuel Arostegui16 Mar
    • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Igor Shevtsov16 Mar
      • RE: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Rick James18 Mar
        • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald18 Mar
          • RE: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Rick James18 Mar
            • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald18 Mar
              • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Noel Butler18 Mar
              • RE: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Rick James19 Mar
                • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald19 Mar
                • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.spameden24 Mar
                  • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald24 Mar
                    • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Manuel Arostegui24 Mar
                    • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.spameden2 Apr
                      • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald2 Apr
                        • RE: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Rick James2 Apr