List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Stillman Date:April 2 2013 7:05pm
Subject:Re: Please Help. selectcol_arrayref problem
View as plain text
Nope. That's just granting replication privileges so it can read updates
on all tables on all databases. It cannot select anything.

Why are you trying to connect with a replication slave user?

On 4/2/13 1:47 PM, "Richard Reina" <gatorreina@stripped> wrote:

>I did a "GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE ON *.* TO 'user'@'192.168.0.23'
>IDENTIFIED
>BY 'psswd';
>
>on the master. Doesn't *.* mean everything? Why would it just show me to
>databases?
>

>2013/4/2 Larry Martell <larry.martell@stripped>
>
>> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Richard Reina <gatorreina@stripped>
>> wrote:
>> > use DBI;
>> > my $dbh = DBI->connect( "DBI:mysql:rushload;192.168.0.1", $usrr,
>>$passw,
>> {
>> > RaiseError => 3 } );
>> > my $dbs = $dbh->selectcol_arrayref("show databases");
>> >
>> > #my $dsn = "dbi:mysql:information_schema:192.168.0.1:3306";
>> > #my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $usrr, $passw);
>> >
>> > my $dbs = $dbh->selectcol_arrayref('show databases');
>> >
>> > print "@$dbs\n";
>> >
>> > When I query the server for a list of databases with the code above it
>> > returns the name of just two and there are over 10.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>>
>> Permissions - the user you're logging in as probably only has
>> permission to see the 2 that are being returned.

________________________________

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by email, and immediately delete
the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing them. LBI may, for any
reason, intercept, access, use, and disclose any information that is communicated by or
through, or which is stored on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.
Thread
Please Help. selectcol_arrayref problemRichard Reina2 Apr
  • Re: Please Help. selectcol_arrayref problemLarry Martell2 Apr
    • Re: Please Help. selectcol_arrayref problemRichard Reina2 Apr
      • Re: Please Help. selectcol_arrayref problemBenjamin Stillman2 Apr