List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:spameden Date:April 2 2013 2:09pm
Subject:Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.
View as plain text
2013/3/24 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>

> >> Check my email address before saying that.
> >
> > :D
>
> as said, big company does not have only geniusses

I do not judge only on 1 parameter, Rick has been constantly helping here
and I'm pretty sure he has more knowledge on MySQL than you.

> >> 20 may be low, but 100 is rather high.
> > Never use apache2 it has so many problems under load..
>
> if you are too supid to configure it yes

Ever heard about Slow HTTP DoS attack?

> > The best combo is php5-fpm+nginx.
> > Handles loads of users at once if well tuned
>
> Apache 2.4 handles the load of 600 parallel executed
> php-scripts from our own CMS-system

Nginx serves static content way better than apache2 (did few benchmarks
already).

nginx+php5-fpm handles better load than apache2-prefork+mod_php

you can google benchmarks if you dont trust me

also nginx eats much less memory than apache2

php5-fpm can be tuned as well to suit your needs if you have lots of
dynamic content

> maybe you guys should learn what a opcode-cache is and
> how to compile and optimize software (binaries and config)
>
> o'rly?

Thread
How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Kevin Peterson16 Mar
  • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald16 Mar
  • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Manuel Arostegui16 Mar
    • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Igor Shevtsov16 Mar
      • RE: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Rick James18 Mar
        • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald18 Mar
          • RE: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Rick James18 Mar
            • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald18 Mar
              • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Noel Butler18 Mar
              • RE: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Rick James19 Mar
                • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald19 Mar
                • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.spameden24 Mar
                  • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald24 Mar
                    • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Manuel Arostegui24 Mar
                    • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.spameden2 Apr
                      • Re: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Reindl Harald2 Apr
                        • RE: How to change max simultaneous connection parameter in mysql.Rick James2 Apr