List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:March 28 2013 6:47pm
Subject:Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do
it?
View as plain text

Am 28.03.2013 19:43, schrieb Rick James:
> I have never traced a performance issue in InnoDB to the need for OPTIMIZE.

but with files_per_table you can get back GIGABTYES of disk-space
depending on your backups this may be relevant

> The Query Cache is irrelevant to this discussion

it is NOT because look at the server-stats after a optimize table
hint: cached results for any of the tables are thrown away

Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Antonio Fernández Pérez28 Mar
  • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to doit?Reindl Harald28 Mar
    • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Antonio Fernández Pérez28 Mar
      • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to doit?Reindl Harald28 Mar
        • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Antonio Fernández Pérez28 Mar
          • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Manuel Arostegui28 Mar
            • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Antonio Fernández Pérez28 Mar
        • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Bheemsen Aitha28 Mar
          • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to doit?Reindl Harald28 Mar
          • RE: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Rick James28 Mar
            • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to doit?Reindl Harald28 Mar