List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:March 28 2013 11:16am
Subject:Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do
it?
View as plain text

Am 28.03.2013 12:09, schrieb Antonio Fernández Pérez:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Once I have done the defragmentation of MySQL tables, mysql-tunner.pl suggests
> me do it again. Is this correct? I think that the idea is that in the
> result of the script there are not fragmented tables ...
>
> Any ideas?

depends on how large your tables and how much fragmented tey are
if you delete a record from a table it would be counted as
fragmented - so what, if you permenantly run "optimize table"
you produce more load as any frgamentation and additionally
you trash the whole time the query-cache

Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Antonio Fernández Pérez28 Mar
  • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to doit?Reindl Harald28 Mar
    • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Antonio Fernández Pérez28 Mar
      • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to doit?Reindl Harald28 Mar
        • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Antonio Fernández Pérez28 Mar
          • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Manuel Arostegui28 Mar
            • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Antonio Fernández Pérez28 Mar
        • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Bheemsen Aitha28 Mar
          • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to doit?Reindl Harald28 Mar
          • RE: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to do it?Rick James28 Mar
            • Re: Defragmentation of MySQL tables, how many times have I to doit?Reindl Harald28 Mar