List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:March 27 2013 7:36pm
Subject:Re: *.index files in MySQL Data directory
View as plain text
sound like files of a replication slave or master

and that is why you should post details and folder-listings
in the first posting to hep understand waht you are speaking
about

[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ ls /data/db/mysql-srv/ | grep bin
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql  12M 2013-03-22 19:44 bin.000001
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql  14M 2013-03-23 13:36 bin.000002
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 153M 2013-03-27 20:33 bin.000003
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql  102 2013-03-23 13:38 bin.index

[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /data/db/mysql-srv/bin.index
/mnt/data/db/mysql-srv/bin.000001
/mnt/data/db/mysql-srv/bin.000002
/mnt/data/db/mysql-srv/bin.000003

[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/my.cnf | grep bin
log-bin                                 = /mnt/data/db/mysql-srv/bin.log
log-bin-index                           = /mnt/data/db/mysql-srv/bin.index

Am 27.03.2013 20:25, schrieb Arnold:
> There are files beginning with 1.<sequence number>.  The sequence number is
> 000001 to 000015.  A new file is created every time MySQL is restarted.  The 1.index file
> contains a list of these files.  One thing that I have done is when I was hardening the
> security we stopped MySQL and moved the data directory to a directory called
> /var/lib/db/mysql.  I changed the datadir variable in the my.cnf file to point to this
> directory.  This was to be sure that our data directory was not on the same partition as
> our SYSTEM or the Log partitions.  Everything is working fine except I have the files
> mentioned above.

*.index files in MySQL Data directorySandra L. Arnold27 Mar
  • Re: *.index files in MySQL Data directoryReindl Harald27 Mar
    • RE: *.index files in MySQL Data directorySandra L. Arnold27 Mar
      • Re: *.index files in MySQL Data directoryReindl Harald27 Mar