List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sandra L. Arnold Date:March 27 2013 7:25pm
Subject:RE: *.index files in MySQL Data directory
View as plain text
There are files beginning with 1.<sequence number>.  The sequence number is 000001
to 000015.  A new file is created every time MySQL is restarted.  The 1.index file
contains a list of these files.  One thing that I have done is when I was hardening the
security we stopped MySQL and moved the data directory to a directory called
/var/lib/db/mysql.  I changed the datadir variable in the my.cnf file to point to this
directory.  This was to be sure that our data directory was not on the same partition as
our SYSTEM or the Log partitions.  Everything is working fine except I have the files
mentioned above.

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold
Data Warehouse Administrator
MartinFederal Consulting
Consultant to Oak Ridge National Laboratories
Computational Data Analytics Group
Data Architectures Team