List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dimitre Radoulov Date:March 24 2013 9:23pm
Subject:Possible issues with replication filters
View as plain text
Hi all,
we need to move a few databases from one host to another.
During the process we need to use replication filters (to replicate
only the databases to be moved).
The current MySQL version is 5.5, the new one will be 5.6.
We're using "mixed" binlog_format.

We're planing to use:

replicate-wild-do-table=db_name1.%
replicate-wild-do-table=db_name2.%

The documentation states the following about the replicate-wild-do-table
option:

==
This option applies to tables, views, and triggers. It does not apply to
stored procedures and functions,
or events. To filter statements operating on the latter objects, use one
or more of the |--replicate-*-db| options.
==

Does anybody know how exactly this option doesn't apply for stored
procedures, functions or events?
Is the creation DDL "skipped" or their execution isn't replicated?

Anyway, I assume that with the following configuration (i.e. by adding
replicate-do-db),
I'll be able to replicate all statements related to db_name1 and db_name2
(excluding possible grant/revoke statements, because the mysql system
database
won't be replicated).

Is that correct?
Is there a better (more robust) way to replicate a subset of databases?

replicate-wild-do-table=db_name1.%
replicate-wild-do-table=db_name2.%
replicate-do-db=db_name1
replicate-do-db=db_name2

Thanks
Dimitre

Thread
Possible issues with replication filtersDimitre Radoulov24 Mar
  • Re: Possible issues with replication filtersshawn green25 Mar
    • Re: Possible issues with replication filtersDimitre Radoulov26 Mar