List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Gonzalez Date:March 21 2013 9:38am
Subject:Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to master
View as plain text

>[AM] If you've the option to use MySQL 5.6 then managing replication is a lot simpler
and more reliable...
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-replication/mysql-5-6-ga-replication-enhancements/

>MySQL 5.6 Failing over is described in section 5 of
http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/mysql-replication-tutorial/ - note that the
paper deals with a more complex scenario where there are multiple >slaves and so you
could simplify.

I don't normally rush when it comes to upgrading services. MySQL 5.6 has been recently
released and I prefer until the RPM package has been included in most YUM repos and it
has been throughly tested. I still remember how painful was to install a new system with
MySQL (5.5 I believe) under Ubuntu last May. I had to report a bug and make some tweaks
in order to get the mysql service installed.

Regards,

Miguel

Thread
Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel González Castaños20 Mar
  • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterManuel Arostegui21 Mar
Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterManuel Arostegui21 Mar
  • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel Gonzalez21 Mar
    • RE: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterAndrew Morgan21 Mar
      • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel Gonzalez21 Mar