List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:March 21 2013 8:53am
Subject:RE: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to master
View as plain text

[AM] If you've the option to use MySQL 5.6 then managing replication is a lot simpler and
more reliable...
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-replication/mysql-5-6-ga-replication-enhancements/

MySQL 5.6 Failing over is described in section 5 of
http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/mysql-replication-tutorial/ - note that the
paper deals with a more complex scenario where there are multiple slaves and so you could
simplify.