List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Gonzalez Date:March 21 2013 8:29am
Subject:Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to master
View as plain text

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Manuel Arostegui <manuel@stripped>
Para: Miguel Gonzalez <miguel_3_gonzalez@stripped>
CC: mysql@stripped
Enviado: Jueves 21 de marzo de 2013 9:17
Asunto: Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to master

2013/3/21 Miguel Gonzalez <miguel_3_gonzalez@stripped>

> Can you elaborate about this? I thought that once you fixed the issues in
> the master server you needed to set it as slave of the new promoted master
> server, and do the other way round.
>

> By having both MySQL replicating from each other, you'd avoid this.

I'm trying not to overcomplicate things. Also the server where the replica of the
production server is is not active at all. I thought master-master configuration where
more common when you were behind a web balancer.

I thought also that replication had changed in MySQL 5.5. Is that difficult to find a
clear procedure for performing a mysql failover when a server crashed?

>Make sure you do "reply all" instead of replying only to me :-)

Sorry about that, I thought the list was configured differently

Miguel

Thread
Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel González Castaños20 Mar
  • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterManuel Arostegui21 Mar
Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterManuel Arostegui21 Mar
  • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel Gonzalez21 Mar
    • RE: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterAndrew Morgan21 Mar
      • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel Gonzalez21 Mar