List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel González Castaños Date:March 20 2013 11:11pm
Subject:Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to master
View as plain text
Dear all,

    I have a pretty simple setup. A LAMP server in production and a
failover LAMP server in case the main server is down.

    I have been searching around to find out a clear answer of how to
proceed when you need to promote a MySQL 5.5 slave server when the
master (also 5.5) has crashed.

    So far I have read that if the master crashes I should issue an stop
slave in the slave server and restart the mysql service (otherwise the
master info is still kept in memory) with a skip-start-slave setting. Is
that right? Is that all?

    Regards,

    Miguel

Thread
Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel González Castaños20 Mar
  • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterManuel Arostegui21 Mar
Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterManuel Arostegui21 Mar
  • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel Gonzalez21 Mar
    • RE: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterAndrew Morgan21 Mar
      • Re: Promoting MySQL 5.5 slave to masterMiguel Gonzalez21 Mar