List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:March 16 2013 1:23pm
Subject:Re: a little doubt on text about MySQL
View as plain text
what are you speaking about?

you can define it in my.cnf and YOU are responsible for
the configuration as you are also responsible the
develop php code with error_reporting = E_ALL
<<<<<<<<
These SQL-modes that pertain to type-safety are really part of the _type_:
ALLOW_INVALID_DATES
NO_ZERO_DATE
NO_ZERO_IN_DATE
Their value when one does "CREATE TABLE ..." really belongs to the newly created table, if
not to particular fields in the table. It is type-declaration. This one,
NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO, is part of the table s type, and belongs with the newly created
table, or with the fields on which it bears (MyISAM).

It really is not right that one who designs a table designs it with one date setting or
another in mind, then another, who uses that table, changes any of these in local SQL
mode, and thereby changes the type.

As for this one, NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER, there is no reason for letting it differ in local or
global SQL-mode from that defined in my.cnf (my.ini). Inasmuch as MySQL lets one set that
apart from the configuration file, there is a problem, especially from dropping it.

Thread
a little doubt on text about MySQLMarcus Vinicius15 Mar
  • Re: a little doubt on text about MySQLReindl Harald15 Mar
  • Re: a little doubt on text about MySQLhsv16 Mar
    • Re: a little doubt on text about MySQLReindl Harald16 Mar
      • Re: a little doubt on text about MySQLhsv17 Mar
        • RE: a little doubt on text about MySQLRick James18 Mar