List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Ilardi Date:March 13 2013 4:15pm
Subject:Blob implementation question
View as plain text
Hello All,

I'm trying to grok the blob implementation. This scenario is contrived to
understand blobs please don't suggest I shouldn't do this. If you have a
theoretical machine. Ubuntu with 4 cores/4gb of ram and we'll say once
mysql is running 500mb of free disk space.

I have a 500mb blob stored in a table and 30 concurrent requests come in to
select the blob's bytes. How does mysql handle this situation @ an
implementation level?

Would mysql buffer the blob data to the disk?
Would mysql keep 30 large in memory buffers for the data?

I'd like to know when I would be @ risk of either filling up the disk or
running out of ram in this situation. I'm also curious as to the code level
details about how blobs are read and transmitted to a client.

Thanks,
Adam

Thread
Blob implementation questionAdam Ilardi13 Mar
  • RE: Blob implementation questionRick James13 Mar
    • Re: Blob implementation questionAdam Ilardi13 Mar