List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Igor Shevtsov Date:March 11 2013 11:39pm
Subject:Re: Multi-Master Replication Manager - monitor works but mmm_control
show executes very long and sometimes returns no output.
View as plain text
Hi,
I think MMM's proper functionality depends a lot on network interface
configuration and sometimes it behaves odd. I moved to MySQL or in my
case to MariaDB + Galera + HaProxy configuration. It's not difficult to
setup. There is no SPO as in case with monitor host in MMM, much more
robust solution. There are limitations though such as you InnoDB is the
only one being supported.
Cheers,
Igor

On 11/03/13 09:22, Manuel Arostegui wrote:
> 2013/3/11 Rafał Radecki <radecki.rafal@stripped>
>
>> Hi All.
>>
>> I use:
>>
>> cat /etc/redhat-release
>> CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
>>
>> uname -a
>> Linux prod1.local 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 6 23:43:09
>> UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> on db host:
>> rpm -qa | grep mmm
>> mysql-mmm-2.2.1-1.el6.noarch
>> bmysql-mmm-agent-2.2.1-1.el6.noarch
>>
>> on monitor host:
>> rpm -qa | grep mmm
>> mysql-mmm-monitor-2.2.1-1.el6.noarch
>> mysql-mmm-2.2.1-1.el6.noarch
>> mysql-mmm-tools-2.2.1-1.el6.noarch
>>
>> When I make mmm_control show/checks the command executes for example
>> for ~15 seconds and sometimes returns no output. In logs there is no
>> info about problems and overall the monitor performs well. But I
>> cannot use mmm_control to check its status. The servers are not over
>> loaded. I have restarted agents and monitor but that has not resolved
>> the problem. When I have rebooted the monitor host first use of
>> mmm_control show was ok but then the problem was active again.
>>
>> Any advice? Have you had any similar problems?
>
> Hello,
>
> Have you tried to set "debug 1" in your mmm_common.conf and start the
> monitor? You might find useful output in there.
>
> Manuel.

Thread
Multi-Master Replication Manager - monitor works but mmm_control showexecutes very long and sometimes returns no output.Rafał Radecki11 Mar
  • Re: Multi-Master Replication Manager - monitor works but mmm_controlshow executes very long and sometimes returns no output.Manuel Arostegui11 Mar
    • Re: Multi-Master Replication Manager - monitor works but mmm_controlshow executes very long and sometimes returns no output.Igor Shevtsov11 Mar
    • Re: Multi-Master Replication Manager - monitor works but mmm_controlshow executes very long and sometimes returns no output.Rafał Radecki13 Mar