List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 7 2013 3:06pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Cluster Solution
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Neil Tompkins" <neil.tompkins@stripped>
> Subject: MySQL Cluster Solution
>
> I've used in the past MySQL Community Server 5.x.  Everything is
> fine, however I'm now wanting to implement a new High Availability solution
> and am considering MySQL Cluster.  However, I heard that MySQL Cluster
> doesn't support store procedures ?  Are there any other restrictions I need
> to be aware of.

It is a completely different product, Neil, which just happens to also have a gateway for
MySQL. It is not 'just another storage engine' - study it hard, and do extensive testing
before you even consider switching.

That is not to say that it might not be a good match for your needs; just that it's not a
quick switch.

MySQL Cluster SolutionNeil Tompkins7 Mar
  • Re: MySQL Cluster SolutionJohan De Meersman7 Mar
    • RE: MySQL Cluster SolutionRick James7 Mar
  • RE: MySQL Cluster SolutionAndrew Morgan7 Mar