List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn green Date:February 26 2013 10:10pm
Subject:Re: data loss due to misconfiguration
View as plain text
Hello Zachary,

On 2/26/2013 4:42 PM, Zachary Stern wrote:
> Any idea what can cause this? Can it be misconfiguration? Could it be
> because I'm messing with MySQL's memory usage so much, or the thread
> settings?
>
> My config is linked at the bottom, for reference. I might be doing
> something terribly dumb.
>
> The stuff I've done under "# * Fine Tuning" worries me the most, but I'm
> just not sure how I might be causing this.
>
> I've seen things like this on other servers before but never been able to
> nail down the issue. So my config options being the common denominator here
> - I suspect that it's something I'm doing.
>
> However - if there were missing commits, the data is gone as you said - so
> wouldn't I never see it to begin with?
>
> https://gist.github.com/zacharyalexstern/5042483

If binary logging is enabled, review your logs to ensure that the
changes you think are going into your database, really are.  If they
are, look for anything that may remove data from a table like DELETE
commands or ALTER TABLE ... PARTITION ... commands (dropping or resizing
your partitions)

If you haven't already, verify in your error log that your MySQL isn't
being randomly killed by your OS for exhausting its RAM.

If those are both a bust, enable the General Query Log and see if any
other weird commands you don't recognize are being sent to your database.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/server-logs.html

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN