List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:February 26 2013 9:29pm
Subject:Re: data loss due to misconfiguration
View as plain text

Am 26.02.2013 22:16, schrieb Zachary Stern:
> It's InnoDB but it's not just about the number of rows.
>
> The data literally isn't there. It's like rows at the end are being
> dropped. We have a frontend that queries and shows the data, but it ends up
> missing results.
>
> I've asked the devs to review the code to see if their  could be deletions
> anywhere, but according to them, there's nothing

smells like transactions with missing commits

the thread which started the transaction and inserted data
will see the data, only this thread, and without a commit
after close the connection the data are gone because this
is how transactions are supposed to work -> ACID

data loss due to misconfigurationZachary Stern26 Feb
  • RE: data loss due to misconfigurationBenjamin Stillman26 Feb
    • RE: data loss due to misconfigurationRick James26 Feb
      • Re: data loss due to misconfigurationZachary Stern26 Feb
        • Re: data loss due to misconfigurationReindl Harald26 Feb
          • Re: data loss due to misconfigurationZachary Stern26 Feb
            • Re: data loss due to misconfigurationshawn green26 Feb
              • RE: data loss due to misconfigurationBenjamin Stillman26 Feb