List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 19 2013 12:05pm
Subject:Re: How to verify if backup is ok?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rafał Radecki" <radecki.rafal@stripped>
>
> pt-table-checksum performs an online replication consistency check by
> executing checksum queries on the master, which produces
>        different results on replicas that are inconsistent with the
> master. -> It should be used for verifing mysql replication, not for
> my problem.

Hmm, I didn't realise that that was not a part of pt-table-checksum. The older
mk-table-checksum from Maatkit doesn't particularly care about masters and slaves, and
will happily compare to unrelated databases. You can still find it at
http://www.maatkit.org/doc/mk-table-checksum.html#description .

I just copied the contents of a db to another db on the same server, and it works as
advertised.

Not the first feature that I noticed hasn't been merged into the PT suite :-(

How to verify if backup is ok?Rafał Radecki18 Feb
  • Re: How to verify if backup is ok?Johan De Meersman18 Feb
    • Re: How to verify if backup is ok?Rafał Radecki19 Feb
      • Re: How to verify if backup is ok?Johan De Meersman19 Feb
        • Re: How to verify if backup is ok?Rafał Radecki19 Feb