List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 18 2013 3:21pm
Subject:Re: How to verify if backup is ok?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rafał Radecki" <radecki.rafal@stripped>
>
> 3) drop mysql and app databases;
> 4) restore them from backup;

Instead of dropping the DBs, simply restore to another database or server. That will also
allow you to perform a comparison using some graphical tool, or if that fails mysqldumps
and diff.

> tips? Should I do it on filesystem level or on mysql level? Are there
> any external tools?

Filesystem level won't work, as it's fairly unlikely that the records will have been
written in the same order - let alone that you won't have delete gaps etc.

Percona toolkit has tools to verify master/slave setups (pt-table-compare, I believe), I
suppose they would also work on non-replicated setups.

How to verify if backup is ok?Rafał Radecki18 Feb
  • Re: How to verify if backup is ok?Johan De Meersman18 Feb
    • Re: How to verify if backup is ok?Rafał Radecki19 Feb
      • Re: How to verify if backup is ok?Johan De Meersman19 Feb
        • Re: How to verify if backup is ok?Rafał Radecki19 Feb